Welsh para-swimmer Jack Thomas is overwhelmed by support for his fundraising campaign, including a donation from comedian Frankie Boyle.
Category: Swimming & Diving
Permanent link to this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/41672180
Welsh swimmer Jazz Carlin finishes in 11th place on her 10k open water debut in China.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/swimming/41634084
New details emerge of the “climate of fear” GB Para-swimmers were subjected to by their former head coach.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/41629365
• Rob Greenwood alleged to have made jokes at takeaway restaurant• He was working for Lancashire police in 2002The coach who is at the centre of the Paralympic swimming bullying scandal resigned from a previous job with the police after it was alleged …
Permanent link to this article: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/oct/14/rob-greenwood-gb-para-swimming-coach-police-mocking-disabled
• Coach at centre of bullying scandal could be stripped of 2016 award• Greenwood shared 2016 High Performance Coach of the Year prizeThe coach at the centre of the British para-swimming team bullying scandal, Rob Greenwood, could be stripped of an awar…
Permanent link to this article: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/oct/13/rob-greenwood-bullying-para-swimming-award
The father of two-time Paralympic gold medallist Hannah Russell says families were put through “a lot of turmoil” by British Swimming.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/41602134
British Swimming apologises to Paralympic athletes over findings that a coach “created a climate of fear”.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/41586743
• British Swimming takes rare step of apologising• UK sport looking at independent report which spoke to 13 athletesThe duty of care scandal engulfing Olympic and Paralympic sport has plunged to a new low as British Swimming admitted disabled swimmers,…
Permanent link to this article: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/oct/12/paraswimmers-verbally-abused-by-coach-climate-fear
Double Olympic silver medallist Jazz Carlin tells BBC Sport she will start racing in open water as well as in the pool.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/swimming/41524961
Double Olympic medallist Jazz Carlin set for 10km marathon bid and could challenge for up to four medals at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/swimming/41520134
Double Olympic silver medallist Jazz Carlin will bid to become the first woman to win medals in both the pool and open water at the same Olympics.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/swimming/41523308
Olympic champion Adam Peaty is among the first swimmers to be selected for the Team England Gold Coast Commonwealth Games squad.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/41493545
Dan Wallace is included in Scotland’s swimming team for next year’s Commonwealth Games following a three-month suspension.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/41481836
Commonwealth Games and Olympic swimming medallist Dan Wallace tells of “embarrassment” and “regret” at drink driving conviction.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/swimming/41387109
Olympic swimmer Dan Wallace loses his elite podium funding as as fellow Scot Ross Murdoch has his restored.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/swimming/41358758
- American says he has ‘no desire’ to add to haul of 28 Olympic medals
- Father of one says he’s excited about building a life beyond swimming
- Phelps, 32, claimed five goal medals and one silver at Rio Olympics
Michael Phelps wondered if watching others compete at the world championships would pique his desire for another comeback.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/sep/19/michael-phelps-no-desire-comeback-tokyo