The Port Adelaide Football Club is a professional Australian rules football club based in Alberton, Port Adelaide, South Australia. The club’s senior team plays in the Australian Football League (AFL) whilst its reserves and development teams compete in the South Australian National Football League (SANFL). Port Adelaide is the oldest professional football club in South Australia and the 5th oldest club in the AFL.
Since the club’s first game on 24 May 1870, it has won 36 South Australian league premierships, including six in a row. The club also won the Champions of Australia competition on a record four occasions. In 1997, the club joined the Australian Football League as the only pre-existing non-Victorian club.
Port Adelaide Football Club News
- Port won’t rush Dixon return PORT Adelaide forward Charlie Dixon is making steady progress as he returns from ankle surgery, while Angus Monfries is close to resuming training after suffering a shoulder injury.
- Port primed to come out firing PORT Adelaide will adopt a take-no-prisoners attitude right from the start this year, unleashing a team with bite to rip through next month’s pre-season JT Community Series competition.
- As challenges step up, so does Jackson FEW players put themselves on the line as much as Jackson Trengove did in 2016 — but circumstances gave him no choice. And he will use that experience to springboard into 2017.
- Port Adelaide gets the message PORT Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley has not tried to keep his message to his players a secret as the club chases redemption after two years without finals. They must learn from the pain and improve.
- Your club’s 2016 Christmas wish FROM scandal free seasons to finals hopes or something as simple as a viable gameplan. The AFL’s clubs have a big wishlist for Santa.
Port Adelaide Football Club FaceBook Posts
"Never Tear Us Apart" ? Management just ripped the guts out of the club by trading Chad!!!
Shame on you for making Chad a scapegoat.The China game and Hinkley's change of game plan not Chad cost us dearly in the back half of the year !!!!!!! Money doesnt talk it swears!!!!! ... See MoreSee Less
Id like to see Kochie traded! ... See MoreSee Less
CC: Chad Wingard
Yeah, G'day. I have little input regarding the recent trade and I sincerely wish both PAFC and Chad the best of luck for 2019.
Just looking to get in early and snatch Wingard's courtside seats to the 36ers this season. I'll throw in a $50 Progression Tattoo voucher and an Everlast bumbag I received from my Nan in 2011.
Mitch ... See MoreSee Less