The Adelaide Football Club, nicknamed the Crows, is a professional Australian rules football club that competes in the Australian Football League (AFL). The club is based in Adelaide, South Australia, playing its home matches at Adelaide Oval. The club has its training and administration base at Football Park in West Lakes, where it previously played home matches between 1991 and 2013. The club song is “The Pride of South Australia”, to the tune of the Marines’ Hymn.
The Crows were formed in 1990 as a composite team owned by the SANFL and played their first season in 1991.
Adelaide Crows News
- Crows get serious ahead of AFLW season ADELAIDE’s AFLW team is getting serious ahead of the inaugural season with the team to play a practice game against Fremantle while on a training camp in the Northern Territory.
- Girls make big leap at footy skills WHEN Chelsea Randall first played against boys, she couldn’t kick or handball but she could tackle, and now hopes to teach girls footy skills
- Brodie not expecting midfield move ADELAIDE defender Brodie Smith has given strong hints a major role in the midfield this season wasn’t among his Christmas presents.
- Crouch ready to take next step ADELAIDE won’t rely on crazy money and star power to land an elusive flag — Brad Crouch has vowed to fill the breach for a maligned midfield.
- Talia speech now rings true TWO years ago, when Daniel Talia accepted the 2014 Malcolm Blight Medal, he delivered a victory speech that’s been kept in Adelaide’s memory bank.
- Pyke: ‘Crows close to flag’ ADELAIDE coach Don Pyke is confident his side is close to winning the ultimate prize, and AFL premiership.
- Midfield growth from within NO Bryce Gibbs but plenty of growth from within. Adelaide coach Don Pyke is backing his young players to next season bolster a midfield that was the club’s biggest weakness in 2016.
- From pretender to contender SAME personnel, greater flexibility and a tougher approach. The Advertiser’s Andrew Capel picks his Adelaide Crows best 22 for 2017.
Adelaide Crows FaceBook Posts